Mary Reilly does NOT have the mumps. All I have to say is stupid ER doctors! I took her on Friday to a regular doctor (BTW was the best doctor I have seen since we have lived here) and he said she doesn't have the mumps. We did see an ENT doctor who did an ultrasound just to see if there was a mass but nothing showed up. He did order some blood work. Holding a one year old while someone is trying to draw blood isn't a walk in the park! -The test wont be back for two weeks and will let you know when i do get them back- The doctor said even though she didn't get the MMR shot my antibodies are passed for some time to her since I did get the shot. We followed up on Monday and he looked in her mouth and there is about 6 teeth trying to come in. 6 teeth all at once oh what fun for me. The swelling was a swollen gland from the teeth. This is a far cry from the mumps. It just makes me have no trust and faith in ER doctors.
On a different note: Mary Reilly is now climbing up on the couch. She did it once and thought it was the best thing in the world. I am just worried she will fall off the couch!
No comments:
Post a Comment